Welcome to Jacqui Dark (nee Fulton) Equine Law

Contact Services

Operator's Licence Warning

If you transport horses as part of your equestrian profession, you will most likely need an Operator's Licence. If you don't have one you may be breaking the law for which you can be prosecuted.

Please don't be fooled by the assumption that if you do not move horses for profit (horse transportation) that you do not need an Operator's Licence - this is incorrect. Professional riders may need an Operator's Licence and should check with the DVLA.

Latest News: